Adding A Clickable Link To Your YouTube Video

First off let me say this to everybody reading this post, Happy new month guyz.

youtube logo

Ok! Here is how i am taking off; A friend saw one of my YouTube video’s and ask me how I did a click-able “subscribe to” link in the video. I wanted to tell him privately but a spirit pushed me to make it my today’s post, because I know some (if not most) people might also be in his shoes that are looking for a comprehensive and simpler answer to the question.

Must Read: Turning Your Pc Into a Wifi Hotspot Without Using Software Or Application

ADDING CLICKABLE LINK TO YOUR YOUTUBE VIDEO

So on this post you’re about to read, I’ll make it as interesting and understandable as possible. If you’re ready let’s go!

First off, go to your YouTube dashboard and click upload to upload your video but if you already have an uploaded video, follow the steps below

If you’re in the just uploaded video or you open your own uploaded video to watch, you’ll see a tool bar below the video that looks just like the image below.

youtube toolbar

Have you seen the tool bar? Now click on “Annotations” the annotation button looks like this

youtube-video-2

Have you clicked the button? Now on the new interface that comes up click on “Add annotation” and a dropdown menu will display. Now click “Note”

Must Read: How To Give Your Blogger Blog Comment Section a Different Color

On the “Note”, you can write what you feel like or you can just make people subscribe to your YouTube feed. So in the text area, just type “Subscribe to our channel”

You can tweak other area to your taste. Now to make the “Subscribe to our channel” clickable, tick the “link” box >>> click “video” and a dropdown menu will appear now you’ll choose “Subscribe” and input your channel name in the text field.

youtube subscribe channel

Now click save and you have successfully made your “Subscribe to our feed” clickable and subscribable :D

Note: To increase the length of the subscribe button, you’ll have to follow this simple step…

Look below the video and you’ll see a graph (ruler) like the image below.

youtube length graph

Click your mouse on the note and stretch it to your preferred length.

Now you can add a clickable “subscribe to” button “call a previous video” button and many without stress. If you’re still finding it difficult to implement, i created a wacky video for the tutorial and here it is How To Create A Link in YOUTUBE Video :D

Must Read: How to Write Quality Content And See Great Results

How’s that for a short post? The post was very simple and head on right? Yeah I know! Do you still have some things you’d like to contribute? Do use the comment box below and to drop them.

Do you have questions, comments or thoughts you’d like to share with us? Why not use the comment box below and we’ll get back to you almost immediately. Remember that your comments and thoughts are highly welcomed and appreciated.

Do you like the post or was the post interesting enough? Then do click the like button, share us and recommend us to friends because you’ll never know who among your friend’s looking for exactly something like this. And do not forget to subscribe to our feed for your latest updates on the go.

Comments

That was a very well explained post indeed :)

I guess if I could understand it, anyone could! I say that because I have yet to start with YouTube and making videos, which is again on my to-do list.

I didn’t know about your YouTube page, which I just subscribed to – hoping to learn from you. So, for now I’ve bookmarked this page for the time I am really going to need all these helpful articles :)

Thanks so much for sharing this with us. Wishing you a very happy new month of April as well. :)
    Harleena Singh recently posted…How to Cope With Teenage Mood SwingsMy Profile

Hello Harleena,
      Glad to know the post is understandable enough. i only decided to include my YouTube channel today because it deals on the topic and i’m going to be doing more video tutorials. and thanks for also subscribing to my channel :D
      Thank for the comment my friend and do have a great week ahead.

One word, you are “clever” Babanature. I have not used YouTube to upload anything before and I do not intend to anytime soon. All I do on it is to watch Nollywood movies, hahah.
    I will bookmark this page now just in case.
    Thanks Baba,
    Seun

Hello OluwaSeun,
      You really don’t have a youtube channel? what are you are blogger on earth :) Well, it’s not all bloggers that has a youtube channel. I’ll advice you to go get yours so you’ll get more personal with your readers. Hope you’re doing great and have a great week ahead ;)

Hello Sylviane,
      Glad you find the post likable ;) The button can even do more than just subscribe. it can even display your previous video so your viewers can easy check it out. try it out and see out it goes. Thanks for the comment and do have a blessed week ahead my friend

Like Harleena, If I can understand it, it sure is well explained! I am not so good at these things, but followed what you did step by step and tried it on my Youtube channel.
    I also subscribed to you so I won’t miss a beat of your teaching me such helpful things.
    I sincerely appreciate you,
    Donna

Hey babanature,

Great Post. On a similar topic, I thought you would be interested in what we are doing at ww.viewbix.com . We allow you to add clickable apps and calls to action within a video player. We recently released a new studio and I would be happy to give you a run-through whenever you are free. Shoot me an email if you are interested

-Ben

Great job and great explanation. I shot a video of Kayla, my dog, last year showing people how to use annotations and making their links clickable. I thought that was so cool and hadn’t done that one before. Now I don’t like some of the boxes that pop up while I’m trying to watch it so I think they need to be a little cautious before just throwing them up but they do work. People will click on those links now.

Thanks for sharing this information. It’s a new year and plenty of people who are not aware of this yet.

Have a great week.

~Adrienne
    Adrienne recently posted…How To Impress Your Blog ReadersMy Profile

Hello Adrienne,
      Yeah! i kinda feel that the subscribe button is cool especially the “watch my video”… It will only distract if it covers a larger area of the video.
      I know this is a old topic but hey! we just doing it for our readers, right?

6. Bello says

This is a lovely post and well understandable. i can relate to the video. i have even implemented it to one of my videos on youtube and it was so easy. thanks for this great tutorial and thanks for fulfilling my request. You just made me your number one fan :)

Great tutorial for adding a clickable link to a video. Very useful and well explained, and will definitely use these tips to add a clickable subscribe button on my videos when I start doing them. I also watched the tutorial video on the same.

Great Post Babanature. Thanks for sharing.

Be Blessed,

Neamat

Hello Neamat,
      Glad to know the post is understandable enough. I saw your comment on the video, Thanks ;) . And thanks for the comment and do have a great weekend

hey its a great post and very nice information .this is very useful information .i learn a lot from u and this post thanks for sharing this post

Hello Harish,
      Glad you’re learning alot here at onenaijablog and glad this post is of help to you. Harish since you’re a blogger, it’ll be nice getting a gravatar for your email.

9. Rajkumar Jonnala says

i have seen this in many youtube videos and i already had an idea in making it but now its time for me

HI Babanature,

This is something I look forward to doing very soon, currently I’m enjoying my stint with slideshare. Will start with youtube as well, but will try to do something creative with that.

Thanks for this great share, bookmarked this post because this is what I intend to do next.

Sapna
    Sapna recently posted…Why USA now Wants to Attack North Korea?My Profile

Hello Sapna,
      I saw your slideshare and i’ll say it’s very professional and well done ;) You should really start as quickly and it’ll be more fun :D… Thanks and have a blessed week