Enabling Commentator’s Gravatar On MobilePress

Hey guys! This would be my second weekend post in 2013, isn’t that great? :P I am trying to cover up with the mobilepress customization and or may be some other stuffs along the way. Since mobilepress is one of wordpress most popular mobile themes, we shall be discussing about it and trying to make it more beautiful and more customizable.

Must Read: Google Adsense Won’t Approve Your Blog? Try This Steps!

A blogger was discussing with me via Facebook; he told me that he love how I made my commentators gravatar  appear on my mobilepress comment section area and asked if there is any plugin for it :) . I told him that it was customized by me and he told me that he is interested to learn it. So instead of just telling him, I decided to make it my today’s post because the process is not that easy to type without a proper work through and I also know that many other mobilepress users will love to learn how this works.

mobilepress-comment-section

I made that possible with the help of some hand coding, yes! I called out the gravatars using some strings I am about to show you guys. Are you afraid of getting your hands dirty with your codes :) Don’t worry because this tutorial is going to be short and very simple, why? Because I am going to be doing it in two steps and the steps will be very well explained.

√ First step will be on how to implement the code directly (For those like me who love playing their codes)

√ Seconds step will be for the ordinary bloggers who don’t like messing with code (The non-techie kind)

So if you’re ready to make this work, let’s proceed to the main aim of our post…

How To Enable The Commentator’s Gravatar On MobilePress Comment Section

Must Read: Top Reasons You Are Not A Successful Blogger

First Step:

Go to your C-panel and locate where you installed your wordpress. I installed mine in Public_html so I will go to my comment.php by clicking; Public_html → wp-content → plugins → mobilepress → system → theme → default

Are you in the mobilepress default folder? If yes search for the comment.php and click it to edit it with your c-panel editor or you can as well download it to your desktop and edit it with your favorite code editor.

Now in the comment.php codes, locate the below code

<div id="comment-<?php comment_ID(); ?>">

Have you seen it, if not simultaneously press the ctrl+f button to bring out a search box. Now it will be easy to search for it, right? If you have finally seen it, copy the below codes and paste below the above code.

<div style="float: left; margin: 5px; border: 3px solid white; background: #fff;">

<?php echo get_avatar( $comment, 32 ); ?>

</div>

Have you done that? If you have, save the code and you are through with the edit. Check your mobile post view and you will see your commentator’s gravatar. It looks awesome right?

Second Step:

If you don’t know how to play with your codes but you can access your c-panel, then follow this simple step.

First download the comment.php file here Customize_comment.php_form (Note: File will be deleted by the end of the month)

You might want to note that: The comment.php is in the zip file you downloaded, so after download, extract it to a specified folder.

Now in your public folder, go to wp-content → plugins → mobilepress → system → theme → default

Are you there? Click the upload button located above your cpanel (or wherever they are) to take you to your uploading page → browse to where you save the “comment.php” file and click overwrite existing files. [see image]

mobilepress_theme

Have you thick it? Now click the upload button and you are done. Go check your mobile comment and see how the faces of your commentators will show, isn’t that great?

Why you need this? To make you stand out and different from the rest mobile theme users :D

FOR NONE MOBILEPRESS USERS

I know most of my readers are not using mobilepress but still, I’ve got like a question for you guys; if you’re not using mobilepress, it’s either you have not heard about it or you are using a responsive theme, right? Now my question is; can you truly customize the mobile version of your blogs’ theme? If yes, how do you do it? Please do let us know by using the comment box below so it will benefit more people reading this :D

Must Read: The New Blogger Blog HTML Editor

If your theme is not responsive and you’re not using mobilepress, which other mobile theme are you using? Please do let us know by using the comment box below.

Do you have contribution, questions, comments or thoughts you’d like to share with us? Please use the comment box below to drop them. Remember that your comments, contribution, questions and thought are highly welcomed and appreciated.

Was the tutorial understandable? Then please do click the like button, share us and recommend us to friends because you’ll never know who amongst your friends might be in need of a customizable mobile theme for their wordpress blog.

Please guys, do not forget to subscribe to our feed for your latest updates on the go

Comments

What a shocker to see my name up here! It is so true, and thanks for helping out! If your Adsense account is banned/disabled or suspended. YOU CAN STILL GET IT BACK!
    Nice one Babanature.

2. Bello says

Hello Babanature,
    I was also among the people who requested for the tutorial. Thanks for dropping it out of your posting day. God bless you

I’m using the Genesis Framework, as you know it is mobile responsive.
    So I’m not using MobilePress. And you have made you nice tutorial.
    I hope this post will help those who are using Mobile Press.
    Have a great weekend!

Hello Sriram,
      Yes Genesis is a responsive theme, even most of my bloggers using responsive theme do use mobilepress. Because they are more customizable, and beautify their blog more… You should take a try with mobilepress :)

Mobilepress is so flexible and allows a lot of different customization, i once imagined how to do this but never actually done anything about it, now this post has made it even easier for me. Adding a Gravatar image to the comment section of mobilepress is so awesome. This is a nice tutorial and thanks for making it easier for me and others alike to understand.

Hi Baba!

It’s really nice of you to share such a useful tips to optimize blog. Obviously all those friends using MobilePress would love to show commenter’s gravatars.

BTW, I’d like you to update your post with a warning “Keep backup of your comment.php file of default theme”

Sometimes, the file gets corrupted while downloading and it may invite unnecessary troubles. When they have backup, they’re safe even if something goes wrong.

Hello Suresh,
      ahhhhh… Thanks for that. I totally forgot to put the warning sign :D It is best to always backup any file before messing with it. Thanks for that notice bro and do have a great coming week…

Hey Akhil,
      wow! really? Glad i could bring it out and show it to my readers. I just know it’ll be useful to others. thanks for the comment bro and do have a nice weekend

Helpful tips and breakdown here. I am just scared to toy with my code for experiencing the White Screen of Death a few times on my blog lol….maybe one day I will update to fix for Mobilepress.

Thanks for sharing!

Ryan

Hello Ryan,
      If you have a mobilepress, there is no need to fear when working on it. The only thing i’ll advice is; when you are editing your mobilepress or any file in your blog, make a copy of the default so incase you make a mistake, you can always revert without problems.
      If you follow this tutorial carefully, you will not get a white screen, that a fact. Thanks for the comment my friend and do have a best coming week ahead :D

Nice tutorials for those who are facing Gravatar issue. My Gravatar system is already working by default.
    Anyhow nicely explained each point.

Hello Mubashir,
      This is not a post for people having gravatar issues. The post is for people using the mobilepress plugin… Let me ask you this, did you read the post? :D

Great Tutorial on enabling Commentator’s Gravatar on MobilePress!

I have never used it but you made it easy for anyone to download it and use it. Thanks for including Step #2 for the non-techie user. I will definitely use this post as a resource and bookmark it and read it again to start using MoblilePress.

Thanks Babanature for all the help and the value you provide in your blog.

Be Blessed,

Neamat

Hello Neamat,
      Good to see you here once again. Mobilepress is a great plugin that makes your mobile theme more customizable and makes it more mobile user friendly. Even using a responsive theme, i’ll definitely advice any blogger to use mobilepress for a better customization.
      Thanks for stopping by and dropping your wonderful comment here my friend. Do have a blissful day :)

9. I. C. Daniel says

Thanks for tutorial dear friend. I’m sure in future I’ll use it.

Have a nice weekend! Best regards from I. C. Daniel

Hello Mujataba,
      You are the first person that ever answered my question about responsive themes. Thanks for your response and glad you find the post interesting enough. Do have a great day buddy :)

Awesome and well written post buddy thanks for sharing it
    I really hate faceless people when they drop comments on my blog they often look like spammers thanks for sharing brother :D

hi babanature. honestly i really have no idea about mobilepress not until i have read your blog. before commenting i conducted a research about it and found out that it is a plugin for WordPress to allow my website to become mobile friendly. i have not tried it yet due to fear that it may slow down my site :( did your site slowed down when you used it?

Hello Marilyn,
      Mobilepress is being used bu many bloggers nowadays and why most bloggers love it, is because of its flexibility and can be customized exactly just the way you’ll want your mobile site to look.

I have been using this plugin from the very first start and i am still using it and i’ll tell you this; it does not slow down blogs speed. it only work on mobile phone and doest not make effect on your desktop view.

Thank you for leaving a thoughtful comment here. i really do appreciate it :)

great tutorial Baba,
    I used to use mobilepress back in the days but not anymore. I prefer my blog default theme besides I use genesis framework which is also responsive.
    Anyways, I like mobilepress and I use it on some of my clients blogs. I will give this tutorial a try.

I understand that genesis is a responsive theme but you can’t compare it with mobilepress… Mobilepress is customizable and responsive themes are not :)

Hello Abiodun,
      We answer all questions here so no worries :) This plugin is for wordpress only but i have treated same topic for blogger blog and you should check that one out.