Every blogger love getting traffic to their blog. In fact, the best words new bloggers search for while making research on how to improve their blogs are “web traffic”, and why is that? Because, web traffic is the life source of our blog
But tell me – is traffic the only thing we bloggers think about? Definitely not!
We do try as much to drive traffic to our blog, but all traffic are useless if your blog (both content) doesn’t satisfy the traffic you’re pulling in.
How do I mean? Imaging, you have a self hosted blog (or a Google blog) – the design of your blog is 100% bad, your writing style is also bad and you’re trying to pull-in traffic.
Sure you will get the traffic you want but you will not get your desired result. And how do I mean? Your bounce rate will increase by 80% which is totally bad for your blog ranking on search engines. And due to the high bounce rate your blog is receiving, your blog will not yield you income.
How Do I Kick Start My Blog For Better Result?
You’ve been blogging for 6 months now and you’re still seeing no result, don’t you think it’s time for a big change? Now let’s go back to basics …
Below are few changes you can make to see a profitable result…
Back to basics #1:
– Change the theme of your blog
Sometimes, the theme you use poses a big treat to you and your business. So why not change it to a more professional and good-looking theme and see if there won’t be positive changes!
The one reason people don’t stay longer to read your blog post is simply because your blog is not appealing to the eyes.
To make your blog more professional;
– Do not use multi colors on your blog – at least 3 “not so flashy” colors is very much okay.
– Allow your blog font and size to be readable – Do not use fonts that is hard to understand or font size that is hard to read. At least font size of 12 is very much okay for all.
– Try as much to optimize your theme so it won’t slow your blog down – Go get yourself a paid theme and if you can’t afford a paid theme, go nowhere else to get a free theme except wordpress.org theme repository.
– Remember that too much of ads are bad for your blog – There are many bloggers out there that put these third-party ad network in every corner of their blogs thinking that doing so will yield them more money. But after their 6 months of blogging, they’ll discover that they are still not making many at all . Because of this act, their traffic will drop 60% to what they were having.
Remember that making money online is not about how many ads you put up in your blog, but the sense in which you monetize your blog.
Back to Basics #2:
– Why is your blog so darn slow?
There are many reasons why your blog is so slow, it might not 100% be your fault but at least optimizing your blog is just the right way to go.
A slow blog can also make you lose those people coming to your blog for the first time. And aside the visitors, it can also make you lose your search engine ranking.
I have written a lot of posts that will help you speed up your blog the right way…
Back to Basics #3:
– Write it Simple or write it hard but make sure it’s readable and understandable
What makes a post a killer post is not how they write it but the message and information they pass. At least that’s my own definition of killer content.
Must Read: How to Totally Stop Receiving Spam Comments
Have you written that awesome article? Before pressing that publish button, try to;
– Let the post be readable and understandable – I know you have the English dictionary stored in your brain. But hey, calm down and make your post understandable. If you are in the blogging tip niche or you are in the tutorial niche, don’t use big grammars because you might scare a lot of people away. Instead, use words a lay man can easily understand. Trust me; everybody wants to learn from blogs they can easily understand.
– Make sure you proofread the post – Go out, take a stroll and after some hours, go back to the post and read it again. That way, you’ll see some little mistakes you did not see when you were writing the post.
– Remember that checking for grammar error is very important – after writing that awesome post, it is good to check for grammar errors. If you are not that good in English, it is best to ask a friend to proofread it for grammar errors. But if you don’t have a friend that is good in English, try using an online grammar checker, like grammarcheck.net
– A catchy image can bring in lots of social traffic and shares – Images say a lot about ones post and not using it, is a big disappointment. Never underestimate the power of images, they can beautify a blog and attract social traffic.
Back to Basics #4:
– Don’t just promote your blog post on every social network, connect with the majority
There are some bloggers that joins group just to dump their links and go. They don’t really care about who sees their post and who don’t.
Remember that no social community likes link dumpers.
Link dumpers don’t see good results from groups and communities. Think I am lying; go ask any link dumper
Getting traffic from social network is one big advantage to rank high in search engines. So make sure you;
– Help others and you will definitely get traffic as your reward – Don’t just drop link to your latest blog post and go, try as much as possible to help those who ask for help in that group or community the best way you can. Trust me, it will go a long way
– Allow the community to know you more – Allow the community to know you more by visiting their blogs, sharing their posts on your social networks… gradually, you will become the center of attraction in that group.
Note: You do not have to visit all members blog, but at least visiting most is a step forward.
Remember: You are a blogger and your job is to help people.
With all the above steps, you can bring back any blog to life. Life is simple and doing things simple is what we should focus on.
Before you think of money, think first on how to improve your blog
To make continues money online, and to have an active blog, you’ll need to have friends and loyalist. And before you can get these friends and loyalist, you will need to do the above…
Go out there, make yourself known and in return, you will get love, friends and loyalist.
It looks like I have said so much about so much on this post. Now it’s time to pass the keyboard to you guys.
Must Read: How Does Alexa Rank Truly Work?
What do you think guys? Do you have comments, questions and thoughts you’d love to share with us? Then please do by using the comment box below. Remember that your comments, questions and thoughts are highly welcome and much appreciated.
Is the post helpful? Do share it with your friends and to all your social networks and I am sure your friends will love you for it
Before you go, do not forget to subscribe to our feed for your latest updates on the go. Thanks as you do that…