If you own an iPhone, learning these hidden iPhone tricks might just be the next best thing to keep your mobile life simple. Or if you already have some tricks on iPhone, adding these endless iPhone tricks I’m about to share with you won’t be a bad idea, don’t you think?
I was on Reddit some few weeks back and saw a chunk of iPhone tricks… after trying them all out, I decided to share these iPhone tricks with you. Why? I know you’ll love it as well…
Here’s The Biggest List Of Hidden iPhone Tricks To Learn From
- Tapping comments and stories in Alien Blue with 2 fingers gives up votes, 3 fingers give downvotes.
- If you turn on accessibility settings you can tap out a custom vibration pattern or make the bright camera LED flash when you get a call or text. Then go into contacts, hit Edit and you can select the vibration below the ring tone. From iOS 6, the custom vibration settings have moved to Settings > Sounds. You click on each individual alert type and you have to option to set a custom vibration.
- If you’re getting a call you can just press the lock button to mute it instead of pressing decline. Pretty useful for when your phone starts blasting in your pocket during a class or meeting! Works also with the volume keys.
- Holding the keyboard globe icon gives you a list of keyboards that are on. Swipe from leftmost of the screen to right in camera to access the camera roll instead of clicking it from the bottom.
- In camera app, use the volume buttons as a picture clicker.
- To reset the new message counter. Let’s say you have a bunch of unread emails and you don’t want to click through all of them. Click edit, select the first message, hold down the Mark button and click the same message to unselect it. Voila! All the messages are selected! Click Mark as unread.
- Swipe left “Low Power Mode disabled” notification to enable it again.
- Swipe up on two or even three apps at a time with multiple fingers in task switcher to close all quickly.
- Hold the ‘.com’ button while typing URL, its gives other domains like .net or .org, so you don’t have to type it.
- Another AlienBlue tip: Two finger swipe from left to right on a comment will give you that comment’s full thread of replies.
- Tapping “123” then tapping the character you want then finally clicking back to the main keyboard can be a hassle. Instead hold down “123”, slide thumb to the character you want to use then let go. The character will be inputted and your keyboard will be back to normal.
- Tapping the clock/top bar on a page will take you quickly to the top.
- Tap chunk of text with 2 fingers to highlight the whole thing. Works only when commenting/editing etc.
- Be careful, actually there is no proofed solution to turn this off again! If you go into the phone app, and dial 3001#12345# (add * before and after the number) and hit call, the “Field Test” application opens, which allows you to see the numerical value of your cellular reception, along with other information about the surrounding cell towers. In addition, if you hold down the power button until the “Slide to power down” slider comes up and then hold down the home button until the app exits, you can tap on the carrier name in the top left corner to change the numerical value and the visual representation (in bars) without going into “Field Test” mode. The values are always negative. In my experience, around -50 is pretty much the best reception possible, while about -120 is the lowest you can go without losing reception. Anything above -80 is good, and would be considered full bars Anything below -100 is bad and would be considered few bars
- Double click the upper case arrow to set caps lock
- Force close a single app by holding the power button until the slide to power off slider appears, then press and hold the home screen button. It will close any app that you are in and also remove it from the RAM, forcing it to completely reload upon re-opening. Fixes many problems.
- This may have been obvious but you can zoom in and out in the default Camera app by using two fingers to pinch and spread.
- You can use more than a 4 digit PIN number. By turning off “Simple Password” and choosing only numbers instead and NO letters. You will get a number keypad to unlock the phone instead of a full keyboard. And you can use as many numbers as you would like and you have to press OK to enter it. This makes your PIN number much much harder to guess. Since you would need to not only guess the number but also how many digits the pin contains to break in.
- Swipe away banner notifications that inhibit you pressing a button on the top of the screen by swiping from RIGHT TO LEFT (will not work L TO R).
- In Mail, holding the “New Email” button will display all your recent drafts.
- Tapping the screen with two fingers while in Maps will zoom out
- Add a shortcut for your email address (example @@). It makes filling in online forms much, much easier. Settings > general > keyboard > shortcuts
- Put a tracking number for UPS or some other mail services in a text field (notes, e-mail, text) and it becomes a link to the tracking website.
- To continue listening to a video or music video from safari after exiting safari, just double click the home button, go to music controls, and press play. Also works on the lock screen, useful for music videos, etc.
- Sleep Timer – While playing music in the Music App, toggle to the clock app click timer, click “when the timer ends”, scroll to the bottom, click stop playing. Start Timer.
- Pressing the volume buttons when the alarm clock goes off for the snooze. I’ve caught myself accidentally turning it off instead of pressing the snooze button and find this method much safer and easier.
- When websites have embedded content that scrolls (like an extra area with scrollbars), you can use 2 fingers to navigate through it. This works with text areas for example.
- You don’t have to swipe the home screen to go to the next, you can simply tap the left corner/right corner right above the first and fourth icons on the dashboard. See screenies: http://i.imgur.com/zNR0M.png
- Here’s for the lazy ones: end a phone conversation by pressing the lock button. This way, you can terminate the call and lock the screen in one press.
- If you want to search for a word on a page with safari, enter it in the web search box on the top right and scroll all the way down, past the suggestions until it says ‘on this page’.
- You can use rich text styling in the mail app. Select some text and bring up the context menu, then press the arrow right. You can use bold, italics, underline, and indenting.
- *#06# displays your iPhone’s IMEI. Good to take down if you don’t have the original box around you. You’ll need the IMEI if your phone gets stolen or dislocated, in order to file a report with the police and/or a claim with the insurance company.
- Shake your phone to Undo.
Some of the hidden iPhone tricks mentioned here look strange right? I got that same look as you when I first saw the list 😉
Must Read: Keyboard Shortcuts For IPhone And IPad
Ain’t this list of hidden iPhone tricks the hugest you’ve seen? Yeah, I know what’s on your mind right now. Trust me, I had that same feeling as you…
Back to you
Do you have other iPhone tricks you’d love to share with us? Please do use the comment section below to drop your tips and tricks on the iPhone product.
Do you have comments, questions, or thought you’d like to share with us? You can use the comment form to share whatever with us.
Remember that your comments, questions, and thoughts are highly welcomed and most appreciated.
Don’t forget to share this post with friends on all your social networks and also to your offline friends
Trust me, they’ll thank you for it 😀
Sharing this post is also one way of keeping onenaijablog.com alive. So please do share 😉
Do not forget to subscribe to our feed using the feed below the post, so you can be getting the latest and most exclusive from us straight to your mailbox.