Back in my windows xp times, I have come across files and funny programs that after uninstalling, some of the program files don’t delete with the program and even if you use an uninstaller software they still won’t delete. It is bad for the files to remain in your pc when you’re not using it because it consumes space so it should be removed. For those that are reading this message I know in some point that you must have come to a situation like this. Hey if you are still in that situation don’t panic because today you have found a solution to that problem of undeletable file palava!
Now with just a few steps, you can delete any stubborn file without the help of any uninstaller software.
STEPS TO TAKE IF YOU WANT TO PERFORM SUCH ACTION
Open “Command Prompt” window and leave it open (hey don’t minimize it).
Close all open programs.
Click “Start” and go to “Run” and enter “TASKMGR.EXE” (without Quote) or you simple press your Alt + Ctrl + Delete key simultaneously for your task manager to come out.
Go to the “Processes” tab, search for “Explorer.exe” and end its Process
Hey still leave the Task Manager open.
Go back to the Command Prompt window and change to the directory the AVI (or other undeletable file) is located in.
At the command prompt type DEL where the files you wish to delete is.
Go back to “Task Manager” and click on “File”, in the “New Task (Run…)” enter EXPLORER.EXE to restart the GUI shell.
Close Task Manager. That’s how to delete a stubborn or an undeletable file from your computer…
YOU CAN ALSO TRY THIS:
Open Notepad.exe and Click File>>> Save As
Locate the folder where your undeletable file is and choose “All files” from the file type box
Click once on the file u want to delete so its name appears in the “filename” box
Put “a” at the start and end of the filename (The filename should have the extension of the undeletable file so it will overwrite it)
Click on save,
It should ask you to overwrite the existing file, choose yes and u can delete it as normal
HERE IS ANOTHER EASY WAY OF DELETING AN UNDELETABLE FILE FROM YOUR PC
1. Click Start >>> Run >>> Type “Command” (without Quote)
2. To move into a directory type: cd c:\FOLDER NAME
3. If you cannot access the folder because it has spaces for example Program Files or internet explorer folder, you have to do the following. Instead of typing in the full folder name only take the first 6 letters then put a ~ and then 1 without spaces. Example: cd c:\progra~1\intern~1
6. Once you’re in the folder were the undeletable file is, type in dir – a list will come up with everything inside the folder.
7. Now to delete the file type in del FILE NAME.bmp, txt, jpg, avi, etc… And if the file name has spaces you would use the special 1st 6 letters followed by a ~ and a 1 rule. Example: if your file name was rough file.bmp you would type once in the specific folder through command, del roughf~1.bmp and your file should be gone. Make sure to type in the correct extension for it to work.
Your comments are highly appreciated and welcomed…
If you like this post then share us with friends and you can also recommend us and subscribe to our feed