Social media is at the cutting edge of the marketing and advertising industry. Its focus on user-generated content and proximity to an audience means that it can maintain pace with changing trends and opinions far more effectively than traditional methods of communication.
The importance of social media
More and more people are increasingly turning to the internet for support in a whole range of different areas of their lives.
Must Read: How to Totally Stop Receiving Spam Comments
The advancement in mobile technology has also made it far more accessible to ordinary people. As a result, the amount of time and attention people spend online is growing significantly every day.
In today’s internet-driven world, social media provides a channel to reach an audience that is:
- Interactive. Social media is about having discussions with people, not simply telling them things. It is for conversation, not broadcast.
- Organic.Being user-driven, social media platforms naturally evolve and adapt to meet the requirements and expectations of their users.
- Engaging. The grassroots nature of social media provides an insight into the language and preferences of any given group, enabling a business to adapt their approach to communicating with this group accordingly.
All of this means that social media has the potential to be an enormously successful marketing tool, and it is therefore critical for entrepreneurs and businesses to harness its power in order to maintain their relevance in increasingly competitive markets.
A social media marketing strategy
The term social media covers a range of platforms, all of which should be considered when creating a social media marketing strategy. A business or individual should start with their audience, consider the platform through which they are most likely to reach them, and seek expert advice and guidance, such as that published on Tunde Folawiyo’s blog, to ensure that their presence is as impactful as it can possibly be.
A few options to consider when creating a social media portfolio are Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube. There are many other platforms, but these are among the most well-known and widely used, and a social media marketing plan will often include a combination of at least one or two of these.
Businesses and individuals use these channels to:
- Publish blogs to communicate their view on recent events and demonstrate the fact they are up to date with the latest thinking in their field.
- Share videos and photos of recent activity.
- Build up a database of followers to whom they can quickly and easily promote new products and events.
- Converse with their audience and gain invaluable insight while doing so.
The future of marketing
Social media is predicted by many experts to represent the future in communications, or at the very least the foundations on which the future will be laid, so an open-minded and enthusiastic approach to social media is not optional for anyone wishing to make their mark in the business world. It is absolutely essential for entrepreneurs to embrace this tool and ensure they are properly represented.
Social media has become a necessity for business growth; Nigerian entrepreneurs should embrace it to quickly gain popularity and proper branding for their new start up and existing business. It is one of the fastest way to speed up prosperity in the 21st century.
over to You:
I would truly want you to participate in this post, so do use the comment box to drop your view.
do you have comments, questions and thoughts you’d love to share with us? Then use the comment box and we’ll get back to you ASAP. Remember that your comments, questions and thoughts are highly welcome and much appreciated.
I’ll definitely appreciate it if you could share this post with your friends