We all know what having an email list can do to a business both online and offline. Take for instance, if you’re doing any form of business offline and you have the contacts of your customers, you will agree with me that it will skyrocket your business to a level that will astound you. This is because it will now be very easy for you to get to them and maybe tell them about the new things happening in your business which can be either arrival of new products, promotional offers, etc.
Just like the offline world, an email list can be quite essential to any blog or internet based company. Even for a small venture such as a niche profit site, an opt-in list can make a world of difference and also add some extra income to your pocket. You will also agree with me that it is very rare to see an e-commerce site big or small that is operating without an email list.
There are many benefits of having email subscribers. It allows for a company to market their wares and site via an e-mail. With an email list, a site and a subscriber consent to sending and receiving a newsletter from your company. Through this, you can keep your subscribers abreast of what is currently available in your site as well as whatever is coming out.
Now, because there is a mutual consent between the two parties involved, any email sent to the list is not considered as spam. There are also a great number of promotional materials that can be used, such as catalogs, newsletters such that are sent because the subscribers themselves have signed up for them, meaning, they do want to be sent those items.
You must believe me when I tell you that building a list is of utmost important although, only a small percentage of site visitors actually subscribes for an email list. However, many people find promotional mails annoying but if you provide a good newsletter or promotional material, you will see your list build up and grow in a very short period of time. You can also achieve this by having interesting and worthy contents on your site. It’s very obvious that if people like what they see and read on your site, then they surely would want more and newsletters would be a way to attract them back to your site.
But other than marketing your wares and your services, an email list can also be used to earn extra profit. Not all lists can be used though. It would be good to first build a successful list with a huge number of subscribers, this is because, the more subscribers you have, the more money you can get.
Ways to make Money with your Email Lists
1. Affiliate Marketing: Have affiliations with other companies that have at least a semblance or relation to what your site is about. Here other companies will provide links, banners and brief descriptions of what their products and services are. What happens is that, with every click/sale made on the link that directs or leads a subscriber from your list to their site, the company will pay you a certain commission. There are many affiliate networks you can register with. The ones I know of are Clickbank, Commission Junction and if you have a health and beauty related site, you can register with Market Health. The interesting thing is that most of these companies are free to join.
2. You may also get products from other sites on a consignment basis and sell them to your list via your newsletter. Place descriptions, articles and photos of the product in your newsletter. There will be those who will buy from you and when that happens, you can order the product from the other site and sell it to your buyer.
3. Place advertisements. There are many companies out there who will be willing to pay to put their banners and ads on a list with huge subscribers. Selling or renting out lists is not a good idea so rather than doing that, many companies would just rather place ads with lists that have a huge subscriber base. Your newsletter could be placed with many ads and each one spells money.
4. Sell your own products. Manuals, ebooks and how-to articles are in great demand. Many people will be willing to give out money to gain knowledge about a certain topic and subject. This means that with your existing list trusting your expertise in that area, an e-book could be offered and sold or used as an incentive.
5. Build a network out of your list. Get people to invite more people to view your site and subscribe to your list. The larger your list is, the more people will be able to click on your links and affiliate links as well as make your advertisement rates higher.
Subscribers are willing to pay for information if they know that it can be trusted and relied upon. Use your list to get more and more people to subscribe to you as well as browse your site. Lastly, you can use your list to earn money by making them your partners. Your list will be the bloodline of your growth and increase.
Remember that in anything good, there must be a down side parts of it; the only demerit of having an email list in my opinion is if you do it wrong. Treat your email subscribers as human beings and don’t see them as your marketing tools. Create the love and trust first and they will in turn click your links and make you money.
If you follow these simple tips, you will build a list of eager subscribers in no distant time.
Hey! Are you about to leave without saying anything? Please let’s make a discussion by using the comment box below and make the post more unique.
Do you have any comments or thoughts about this post that you’d love to share with us? Then please do by using the comment box below. Remember that your comments and thoughts are highly welcomed and appreciated.
Did you enjoy the post? Then please click the like button, share us and recommend us with friends because you’ll never know who among your friend might be in need of this information. Ohhhh!!! Do not forget to subscribe to our feed for your latest updates on the go
Image Source: Freedigitalphotos.net